Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Book Review for: The Ragamuffin Gospel by BRENNAN MANNING




Hi guys, I hope everyone is having a blessed week so far ;) This is my book review for The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning.  This book in particular stuck out to me because I was REALLY feeling some type of way that wasn't healthy for myself or my kids. We all feel down sometimes, but some people don't come out of it. They stay in those unhealthy feelings & do the most tragic things to not only themselves, but to everyone around them. What people do affects everyone around them & they don't realize it until someone says something. Below, I will quote a couple of things from the last Brennan Manning.


The Ragamuffin Gospel was written with a specific reading audience in mind. This book is not for the superspiritual. It is not for muscular Christians who have made John Wayne, and not Jesus their hero. It is not for academics who would imprison Jesus in the ivory tower of exegesis. It is not for noisy, feel-good folks who manipulate Christianity into a naked appeal to emotion.......
If anyone is still reading along, The Ragamuffin Gospel was written for the bedraggled, beat-up, and burnt out. It is for the sorely burdened who are still shifting the heavy suitcase from one hand to the other. It is for the wobbly and weak-kneed who knew they don't have it all together and are too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. It is for inconsistent, unsteady disciples whose cheese is falling off their cracker.
                                                                      -Brennan Manning

That was just a snippet from A WORD BEFORE in the book I quoted above from this amazing author. For me, just reading those 1st few sentences made me feel like I will be okay. I'm not the only one feeling like this, it's MILLIONS of others of here feeling the same or worse. I encourage those of you that are going through something in YOUR life & need something that uplift & keep you in that space. *I received this book from: http://www.bloggingforbooks.com for my honest review in return. If you love books, go to the underlined website & #GETYOLIFE ;)

Have a great & blessed week,
Shay XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment