Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Product Review for THE PROFESOR IS IN by KAREN KELSKY, PH.D

This post is my book/ product review for THE PROFESSOR IS IN by KAREN KELSKY, PH.D

I received this book from http://www.bloggingforbooks.com & they will send you books for free for your HONEST OPINION in return.

The advice in this book draws from my four years of writing and consulting as "the Professor" at The Professor Is In, a blog and business dedicated to demystifying the tenure track job search in this time of contraction of the academic job market. It also stems from the fifteen years I spent as a tenure track and tenured professor, and the five years I spent as a department head.
                                                            - Karen Kelsky

OK, so I REALLY, REALLY like this book because it focus on 1 of the main problems in this world: 1. People, everyday people bust their behinds to go to college. These people made sure that got the grades needed to get accepted in the colleges they wanted to attend. Years go by, still in school, keeping those grades up, working not 1, sometimes 2 jobs just to get by. Here comes GRADUATION!!!

2. They graduate & realize all the studying & hard work they put in feels like WHAT THE HELL did I do all of this for, so they begin to search for jobs, CAREERS in the field of their degree, THEY CAN'T FIND THE JOB they have been working so hard for.
3. OK, I'll still work these little odds & end jobs just to get by, BUT I'm going back to school to get yet ANOTHER degree.

MY point is this: you & I know people that have been through this & are still going through similar situations because of the "WORLD' that we live in. That's what THE PROFESSOR IS IN is about. How to overcome these issues & problems & feeling like you want to GIVE UP. Karen Kelsky gives you step by step on what you need to do. This book is a MUST READ ;)


 *These opinions/ views are all my own & I received this book for #productreview ONLY from http://www.bloggingforbooks.com* IF you LOVE BOOKS as much as I do, visit bloggingforbooks.com website TODAY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment